Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Life's a Gamble

I haven't had my slots days with my friend Scott in a while.  With the weather and his schedule, it's been harder for him to get off the hill at camp and meet me.  The funny thing is that a year or so, they built the Rivers Casino (aptly named for it's location at the intersection of the three rivers) right downtown (10 minutes from me) and I haven't been there yet.  This isn't my reasoning, but most people hate to drive downtown first of all, and then the stigma of trying to find parking (although they have parking right there for free) so I don't think it's doing so well.  To make matters worse, there was an armed robbery in the parking garage a few months back, which didn't help.  I think the older people love to get on a bus and ride to the other casinos in the area (one 30 minutes away, and one an hour away) or drive their big fat Buicks down the highway, steering clear of the 'dreaded' city and it's hustle and bustle (not to mention having to go over a bridge or through a tunnel).

Located right near both Heinz Field (football) and PNC Park (baseball), and next to the Carnegie Science Museum and some kind of Sports Hall of Fame and a docked submarine... and with a beautiful view of the city... they did a great job of transforming the 'North Shore' into an entertainment megaplex.

I'm heading down there today to meet up with Matt and my ex, John.  I'll play my standard $40.00 in the penny slots and spend most of the time watching other people being excited when they win and checking the place out.

No comments:

Post a Comment