It's been flurrying all day long but really isn't sticking to the ground. The roads got icy, especially the bridges, and it's still coming down. The cold air feels good. I was out running errands and such and took in the movie Burlesque with my friend Michael. What a great movie. I don't own one piece of music from Christine Aguilera and I'm questioning that now... what a fantastic voice she has, with all it's power... plus great to look at and a good actor as well. Cher, for her age and all that she's had done, looks no older than when I used to sit with my Mom and watch Sonny and Cher back in the early 70's. Bravo to her plastic surgeon. She sang a few songs as well and didn't miss a beat.
About a burlesque theater in Los Angeles where the girls dress skimpy and lip-sync to songs while dancing around the stage in elaborate costumes, the theater finds itself in trouble coming down to the wire on a balloon mortgage payment coming due. The theaters star just isn't bringing the crowd in any more. Enter Ali Rose (Aguilera) who moves from Iowa for the bright lights of L.A. and happens into the bar, decides she wants to dance there and pushes for a job. Reluctantly, Cher gives her a chance and on a night where the sound system goes awry is when she really gets the opportunity to showcase her voice. The rest, they say, is history. Full of bubbly sexy songs, a love triangle and a powerplay or two, and you have the most enjoyable movie that I've seen in a long time. It's a must-see.
Having bought the CD already, this is the swan-song sung by Cher which, with her several retirements throughout the years, is true-to-life... You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me Yet:
will cher EVER die?
ReplyDelete