I had a great time at the Rivers Casino today with Matt and John. I'm used to the games and the layout of Wheeling Island, so it was hard to find stuff and keep my bearings in there. The whole place was done in very rich, dark, masculine colors and was a nice break from the cheeky decor at most older casinos, like balloons on the floor surrounded by streamers, etc. It had it's share of architectural, lighting and water features to make it interesting. The stairway leading to the buffet is all glass, affording a beautiful view of the river and Mt. Washington. We went up to the buffet, which was fantastic (but slightly pricey at $19.00) and offered sections of light fare from Mongolia, Asia, Italy, America and others, along with a lavish selection of desserts and goodies. Of course, I had to eat twice as much as I should have. They had a chilled dispenser for wine, which was neat... oh... and the bathrooms had the Dyson hand dryers that the other casino had.
I was able to find one or two of my favorite games and lost my customary $40.00 that I allot myself. Compared to the other casinos where the average age is 75... it was a nice change to see a lot of younger people, especially the younger, cute guys. It's amazing that it was either young guys or old ladies. I became a member of the Players Club because you really can get a bunch of free stuff that way and since I plan on stopping back. The last picture is from the other side of the river on the way home... you can see the green and red chandelier in the glass window... and, to the far right, you can see the lights strung upon the docked submarine. (Sadly, most of the pictures are blurry)





oh man... a buffet AND dyson hand dryers??? definately my kind of place - I wish I liked to gamble. Winning is fun, but I can't take the losing part. Good pics
ReplyDelete