Tonight, I attended the showing of A Christmas Story... a play (based from the 1970's cult classic of the same name) put on at the Liberty Theater at the Lincoln Park School for the Performing Arts. It just so happens that Julie's son, Dan, was the lead, playing Ralphie. He was a natural... in fact, I think that he did such a great job because his personality is so much like Ralphie's. It turns out that I knew someone else in the cast as well from years and years ago. The play was literally word-for-word. The only scene they didn't do was dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.
What's really funny is that Dan had his picture up on billboards around the city and suburbs. He also had mugs and T-shirts for sale with his face on them as well. That must be surreal. Anyway, it was a great night out!

Thanks for coming.....I'm not sure you know how much it meant to me to have you there. I was a complete mess and it was a big help to have you there to help distract me a bit. I couldn't be prouder of BOTH my kids......can't wait to go again tonight!
ReplyDelete