It's been fairly uneventful the last couple of days. I did some running around yesterday and felt tired, cold and weak, so I came home and got into my bed and pretty much slept through a party that I was supposed to go to last night. I woke up fine this morning, but it felt like I was coming down with something. Today, I had lunch with a friend and putzed around a bit.
My brother entered back into the rehab facility. I'm not sure if he has relapsed (again) or he's just faking it for a warm bed after he was thrown out of his friend's apartment. You never know the truth. It should be quiet for a while. My nephew started his new job at a college downtown... he'll be able to finish his million dollar education for free after 6 months of employment, and he seems to like the job and the money is good. He also moved out on his own, so that seems to be settling down somewhat as well.
The big upset at this point is that there is a hawk that has been swooping down on the birds at my Dad's feeder on the back deck. My Dad saw it pick up a bird today... so the feeder is like a ghost town. I was out today and picked up a bird caller for him. It's pretty simple, but it sounds just like a bird. That should keep him occupied for ten minutes.

You're such a good son!!!!! Oh, and I feel bad for the birds. Just sayin.
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks for reading and commenting on my blog! I really liked what you wrote about your mantra, and I totally agree with it. I'm really glad to know that you made the egg nog cake and liked it. :-) Too bad you slept through the party, but it sounds like you needed the extra rest to avoid getting sick, so it worked out for the best.
ReplyDelete