My friend Anna Marie was kind enough to invite me to Christmas dinner yesterday with her boyfriend (Steve), father and my friend Matthew. It turned out to be Steve's two sons and her Aunt and her friends as well... a full house. From some of my other posts (mostly about my two exe's big Italian family dinners), you probably know that I don't do well around a lot of commotion. When I used to go to my exe's holiday dinners, I would have to drive separately, get there later and leave early. Anna Marie has one volume to her voice (hog callin'), whether she's indoors or out... so, needless to say, there was a ton of commotion.
The dinner was absolutely spectacular. Never before experienced, we had two main courses... one with stuffed shells and spaghetti and salad... the other with filets, mashed potatoes, veggies, cornbread hash, etc. Even taking small portions of each thing (14 total), I was stuffed. After dinner, they pulled out videos of their trip to Italy a few years back and that's when the hog callin' crossfire began, with the whole family chiming in. Since Anna was taking the video at the time... and narrating it as well last night... she was in stereo. It was a fantastic day/evening and I'm so glad that they invited me, but I was happy to get home, retire to my bedroom and peacefully sit there a bit before falling asleep.
This year, Christmas wasn't so bad, even without being medicated. I enjoyed seeing all my friends who were in town and those that live here, touching base with those on Facebook and through emails and texts, and a few holiday parties... but I'm glad it's over now. Time to move forward. I'll probably head out to some stores today... even with all the commotion, I'm feeling kind of isolated when everything's closed down for a day or two.
I'm not sure what I'm doing for New Years yet... I wanted to go out to Philadelphia, but none of my friends will be around. They are supposed to get 10" of snow today and part of me almost hopped in the truck and headed out there today 5 hours to be in the middle of it all. We're supposed to get a bit of it today, but probably not more of an inch. I bought that frickin' snow blower, so it better start snowing soon. I'm still not over Winter this year... bring it on.

My partner's family is Italian so I am quite familiar with the 'commotion' (I call it chaos) that you described. It can be a bit overwelming for me, too. Glad to hear you had a good time though!
ReplyDelete