Monday, December 20, 2010

Home For The Holidays

I got home safely from Florida yesterday to a Pittsburgh dusted with snow,  icicles hanging off my truck in the parking lot and some flurries... and couldn't have been more happy.  I'm not sure why, I'm just really enjoying the cold weather this year.  When I got to our place (surprised to see that it was still standing), I walked in on a phone conversation (loudly conversating) between my brother and my Dad about what else, my brother wanting money.  Just f-ing great to be back.

After I unpacked, like a child seeing presents under the tree on Xmas morning, I ran to my DVR to see what treasures there were.  I caught up on Desperate Housewives and saw the finale of Hell's Kitchen before I left for Matt's house, who was nice enough to invite me for a nice ham supper at his place.  We haven't had much time to catch up lately, so it was nice to just relaxingly sit there.  I made reference to a book that I had heard about (What's The Matter With Kansas) and he got me a copy for Xmas, and I was very appreciative.  I've been doing a lot of reading lately but, I must say, it's so much easier when they just put a book out on DVD or maybe a Lifetime presentation... perhaps starring the fabulous once note-worthy mother on the long-running hit show of the 80's, Family Ties as the mother, Elise... and currently a lesbian... Merideth Baxter Birney.  Nobody can tear it up like she can.  When she portrayed that Betty Broderick who killed her husband and his younger wife in A Woman Scorned, you almost felt the blood splattering on your own blouse as you both took turns shooting him, that's how much you were right there with her.  All the Preference by L'Oreal that she used to push in commercials couldn't get those bloodstains out of her feathered locks.  Coincidentally, she was eligible for parole this year (the real Betty, not Merideth), but was denied since she was still a little bitter and wasn't remorseful after all this time.  Anyway, I digress.  I have plenty more to catch up on and I'm assuming that, with Jesus' big day coming up, Jesus won't be the only one suffering... I'll be right there with my progrums all messed up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember watching this!
    I also remember Oprah's interview with Broderick in prison (parts of it are on Oprah's 20th Anniversary DVD).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Check out these two posts about Betty Broderick: http://talesofthesissy.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-lifetime-movies-save-time.html
    http://talesofthesissy.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-lifetime-movies-can-save-your-life.html
    I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete