Sunday, August 22, 2010

Orlando Overnight

I checked into my overnight hotel in Orlando, the Crowne Plaza.  They upgraded me to a Jr. Suite, so the room is really nice.  It's right next door to Wet 'n Wild and down the road from Universal Studios Theme Park... about a mile and a half.  Since I had the gift certificates, I decided to walk up to Wet 'n Wild which turned out to be treacherous in the 95 degree heat.  When they wouldn't take the certificates there, I wound up walking up to the main park... again, dumb move.  By the time I got there, I was drenched, parched and ready to fall over.  I had a nice afternoon there visiting some of the shops and food places, but didn't go in to ride rides.  Meanwhile, one of the gift certificates didn't process when Elaine got them at Giant Eagle... and needless to say, I took a cab back in lieu of dying of heat exhaustion.  I thought about heading over to the outlet mall, and did, but just as I got there, it pretty much looked like the world was coming to an end with the looming storm, so I turned around.  I'm looking forward to a cold shower and cold sheets on my fluffy bed in my overly air-condioned hotel room.  I'm up at 4 a.m. to catch my flight. 

I am officially over Summer.  Bring on the cooler weather... where, at home, it's going to be mid-seventies tomorrow.... there's no place like home.

2 comments:

  1. humm I suspect I would hate florida


    only one area of the states I have not visited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty brutal in July and August, but it cools down to a nice 80+ degrees in October through the Winter, when everyone else is freezing their butts off.

    ReplyDelete