What could be worse than staring a 7 ton pile of topsoil in face?... staring at my brother standing next to the 7 ton pile of topsoil staring me in the face. Against my better judgement, I hired my brother to come help me today. Big mistake... HUGE! After having some sort of stomach bug last night and having to leave work, then dealing with his addict girlfriend sleeping with his friend and having to throw her out in the middle of the night, then being up until 5 a.m. when he knew we were doing this today... starting the project off this morning wasn't even the half of it. Add to it a splinter, throwing up, peeing several times in the woods for 20 minutes at a time, smoking half a pack of cigarettes, a charlie horse (reoccurring several times), needing a sugar drink, drinking water, and excessive talking throughout to any neighbor that would listen... and you can see that I should have just done it myself. My brother has diarrhea of the mouth and never ever ever shuts up.
On the good side, we moved the pile and finished what I wanted to get done. I lost 4 pounds over the last couple of days and my ass, from pushing the dirt up hill, is hanging more in the vicinity where it originated and not down by the back of my knees, so that's all good. Also, the next door neighbor wants pretty much the same thing done, so I may have another job. Tomorrow, I have to plant a bunch of shrubs and plants and I still have to mulch and build the lattice barrier. All in a days work.
Your life looks pretty good right now, compared to your brother's. lmao. xo
ReplyDeleteOMG = your brother sounds alot like mine! What were you thinking??? If you are like me, you were thinking "Wow - maybe this will be good for me and my brother to actually hang out and work together" and the resounding answer is NOOOOO!!!! Giving the benefit of the doubt is what we do though - and you can always say that you tried - LOL I will say I was laughing my ass off all alone in the office late at night actually picturing the looks on your face throughout the ordeal you described - ALL IN A DAYS WORK!!! Miss ya and Love ya!!
ReplyDelete