I finally had a productive day this week, pulling out the chainsaw to finish up two projects... a tree that needed cut up at the Marriott and that f-ing stump at my Uncle's that I've been fighting with off and on for a few months now... and will still be since I didn't get it all out today. It felt good to get dirty though.
What are the odds that I have two events that require me to wear a suit without a hat in a week? Tomorrow I have a funeral of a distant cousin... and my Dad and Uncle Mitch are going, which means that I had to rent a car for the day since we all have trucks and can't fit all of us in one vehicle. When I get the house sold, we're going to trade in my Dad's truck and get him something easier to drive, since he can't seem to grasp the concept of staying in his own lane... coupled with his tunnel vision of only looking straight ahead. It's no wonder that old people like big fat Buicks... they're like torpedos... and they only go one direction, like a battery-ram. Any way, so I have to go out to the airport, get the car, pick up my brother from work and drop him off at his house, pick up my Dad and then my Uncle, drive 45 minutes and sit through a funeral and the after meal (duh, we're Italian). What a big day out for them. For me, not so much except the effort involved. My second job? (being my family's chauffer). Surely one that won't pay in the long run.

No comments:
Post a Comment