Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Slack Attack

I haven't been writing much lately... I guess having planned the trip to Florida has made me take a deep breath and let out a good sigh.  I'm glad that I have something to look forward to, and it will be a good turning point... I can come home and think about what my next step will be. 

I put in a full 9 hour day at the Marriott, cutting grass and detailing, etc. for their inspection today.  Although brutally hot and humid, it was great to work hard and sweat a bit.  The grass is still dead, as is mostly everything else... but I had some side projects to do there and that was my focus.  Plus, I was in no hurry.  I received a proposal from the sprinkler company that I need to review and revise.  The system there is very poorly laid out and the nozzles are inappropriate for most of the landscaping that I replaced over the last year or so.  With some minor timing changes, aim and nozzle tweeks, I should be able to improve the system.

My passport expired back in January... It marks ten years since I went to Paris, since that was the reason that I got it to begin with.  Since I look like a Heinz 57 mixture of nationalities and can pass for anything from Italian to Mexican to Middle Eastern, I am usually chosen for the random searches at airports.  I guess I look like the type that would have explosives taped to my boxers?  Not the 'big bang' that I would be hoping for.  This current picture doesn't do me any favors either... and I guess shaving would have helped my chances of slipping through, but it is what it is.  I guess a pat-down from a strapping guard isn't such a bad thing.  Now, with the full beard, I definitely look like a little fat Mexican with less hair. 

I haven't missed camp as much as I thought I would.  I mean, I miss the people but, in theory, I can see them just as much here, if everyone made an effort.  Scott and I have kept in touch and we're still doing our weekly meetings still at the casino.  Last time, we joined the 'players' club and got a free $15 worth of play and used that yesterday.  I wound up losing that and about $30.  On the way home, I stopped at Jesse's and we went to the new casino 5 minutes from his house, where I was able to win back $20... so all-in-all, not a bad day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment