Yesterday was a day of hodge-podge activities... after Barnes and Noble, I went to the Daytona Flea Market... which was filled with a bunch of junk and it was very hot... so I went over to the Mall and had lunch and shopped a bit Then I just hung around at the house while it poured down rain waiting for David to get done working... and we got ready and went to Red Robin for dinner and met his friends out at a local gay bar, but it was pretty beat out everywhere. I guess it's dead in the off season without the local colleges being in session and tourists.
Today, I am leaving for Orlando, which is a little over an hour and a half away. My flight out tomorrow morning is at 7:00, so I figured it would be better to just get a room near the airport. I have to stop by Universal to use a gift certificate that Elaine gave me, and since I'm only a half mile away from Wet 'n Wild, I'll just walk up there for a bit later today. There's a good mall near the hotel as well, but mainly I'll be decompressing at the hotel all night, having to be up around 5 tomorrow morning to return the car off-site, etc.
I love traveling, but as I get older, I like to only be away about 4 days or so... then I get antsy to get back... partly because I'm worried what my Dad's getting into, but partly because I am a creature of habit and like my surroundings (I miss my woobie). I had a great time here and I'm so glad that I got to see David again, being that 2004 was the last time we got together. I'm really appreciative that he put me up at his house and was able to hang out with me so much this week. It was definitely the break that I needed from home.

No comments:
Post a Comment