I've been in a fog the last couple of days for a number of reasons... the wedding took a lot out of me for one, but I've been battling this neck problem for a while now as well. I went to a chiropractor today thinking that may help, and he did some adjustments, but there wasn't any 'money' moves in his neck cracking... and I think the electrodes he put on my neck helped my psyche more than my muscles. I'd probably be a good candidate for electro-shock therapy. Nothing else has worked (on my mentality or my neck).Besides being snapped and electrocuted, I met with the irrigation company for the Marriott. Since mostly everything has been dryed out to a crisp, I wanted to go over the sprinkler system. Figures, with all the drought we've been having, they showed up when it was raining. I also went to Costco and got some turkey burgers made with swiss cheese and bacon... yum!
Tuesdays are a good night for stimulation for me. First with the movie, then, when I get home, all my favorite shows that are currently in season are on... Make It Or Break It... Hell's Kitchen... Kathy Griffin.... and White Collar. The rest of the week is bone dry with entertainment. I used to be more into rating movies in the past... but I've become so complacent with my opinion (believe it or not)... I feel like I show up just to stare at something any more. Even the plastic-crumpling, chit-chatty, popcorn popping, telephone-texting, gas-passing distractions don't get to me that much any more. I've hardly had to accost a 13 year old in a long while. I think as movies get worse, I expect less, so it doesn't matter to me when I can't concentrate. It seems like movies are either really complicated or really dumb... there's no happy medium.
Tonight's movie was Salt, with Angelina Jolie. She may be a skinny, child-obsessed, Brad-tossing lunatic in real life, but on the screen, the bitch has it together... and no better arena for her than an action movie. Playing Evelyn Salt, an American turned Russian spy turned American undercover CIA agent turned Russian Spy turned American... the movie certainly had it's twists and plot turns that you never saw coming. And although there were some unbelievable aspects, you just kind of chuck it up to her character's abilities as a highly-trained agent. This is definitely going head-to-head with Leonardo DiCaprio's Inception, being the only two really good movies out this year that I've seen so far... and with both of them leaving us dangling with a story left open for a sequel, I'm sure we'll see both again.Tomorrow, I'm starting to clean the house from top to bottom. With a day full of the Three Stooges, Price is Right, his senior group's meeting, cards, horseshoes and more cards, my Dad should be out of my way all day long.
No comments:
Post a Comment