I've never been a wine or beer drinker, which is kind of funny since I'm a trained bartender. I've done some research on the different varieties, but never really drank much of either of them. Today on the way back from St. Augustine, America's first city and also the first vineyard, we stopped and had a wine tasting at San Sebastian Winery.
I was going to just stand back and watch my friend David, but I decided to participate instead. After reviewing the 5 "S's" of wine tasting.... See, Swirl, Smell, Sip, and Savor... we gathered around the table and sampled their Reserva, Castillo Red, Rosa, Vintner's White, Port and Cream Sherry. Whether it's coffee, beer, wine, liquor or vodka... the more fruity and sweet, the better for me, so it was no surprise that the Sherry was my favorite. Still, I can't see myself buying any and enjoying it. I just don't have the tastebuds for it... as much as I try, but I'm glad I did it.

No comments:
Post a Comment