Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Charmed, I'm Sure

I've always thought about getting a tattoo but never knew what I'd get, so I never did.  I didn't want to be one of those people that got something typical, like a butterfly, Garfield or a skull.  I wanted mine to have some sort of meaning, and the closest that I've ever gotten to coming up with something was this scrawl in the picture that looks like Shelby, my dog who died.  I also used to like Calvin and Hobbes... and Tigger and Pooh.

Lately, I've been thinking about some sort of tribal band, but having it in segments, with different things pertinent to major things that happened in my life... like, three lines to represent the three rivers in Pittsburgh... and maybe a poker chip to represent my move to Vegas... a triangle to represent being a gay... a tree for my landscaping business... and a hand to represent my massage experience, etc.  It would be kind of like a charm band and I could add to it as other major things happen and mold me throughout the rest of my life.  Since I've never had one before and don't know how much pain I'm going to incur, I may just cut some shit out of my history and hope that nothing else major happens in my life.  Shitty to have to endure it in my life then get it pricked into my arm (or ass).

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog...its nice to read...makes me smile when there is not alot to smile about..alot of your thoughts...are alot like mine...and being close to your age..its nice to have the same out look...with the impending age of ours...it brings light to my day..im not as witty and bright as you david...u still handsome ..nice and caring..and have plenty of friends..not to mention..your boy ..jessie..ouch!!..sometimes its nice to know people...people dont always have to give up..and sometimes in this gay life..people can work thru things...they not always toxic..u just have to work things out...sometimesin this gay life..the hardest thing..we drum in our gay minds..is trying to like the person we love...or peer pressure..im not saying that it's not always better to move on to better things..(did i forget the word BIGGer) sometimes better and bigger is not always the best...sometimes love is just love...and nothing else but just that...best of luck to you..take your boy with you the next time...thanks for the smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved this post, David!!! I too have thought about an arm band Tattoo - and love your idea about things that make up who you are!!! I want the "crown of Thorns" around my arm - as for me it would respresent the trials and tribulations I have endured - and a reminder that others have suffered worse! I think the hardest part of experiencing the tough things in life - has to be - still getting up and being positive and not losing your zest for life - in other words - not letting those bad experiences mold you into a bitter person - Its easy to be negative and much harder to be positive in this day and age! I think you are on the right track and I am proud to be your friend - love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it.....do it.....do it.....I'll go with you!!!! I've been itching to get another one, but I think John may divorce me if I do. I can at least get one vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete