Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bonfire Extinguished

Last night, Jesse and I went to a bonfire cookout at Courtney's (his brother's now ex-girlfriend) Mom's, Robin out in the 'sticks'.  They have an absolutely gorgeous log cabin home that they built themselves back on a secluded piece of property... it's spectacular.  Robin is the kind of mom that you don't even realize is a mom because she's young, beautiful, vibrant, funny... and you can see what a tight bond the family has, with her at the helm.  Her daughters are smart, gorgeous and funny as well... and the whole family looks like they've been carved out of cream cheese.  There are people that you bond with instantly and can see right down to the core of their heart right off the bat... and these are the people.

We got there just as it started to rain, so the bonfire was a little bit out of the question... and the lights went out and stayed out until 10 minutes before we left... but we still had a great time.  Good food and drink... conversation... and excellent hospitality.  We managed, with a few gallons of gas and kerosene, to get somewhat of a fire going, but it kept petering out.

I'm really happy with my little family... Jesse, Chi Chi and me.  My reconciliation with Jesse is more than I could have ever hoped for in getting back together... and we are truly blessed to have such a deep, loving connection.  We can't always explain it, but it's just there.  I am very happy.

In other news, I'm still getting ready for my trip... and dealing with my Dad's house.  I'm meeting with my cousin in an hour to talk over a rent to own situation, but in the meantime, yesterday someone put in a cash offer and, although low, I countered and we're waiting to see what happens.  I'm still filled with rage about where we are offer wise in comparison to what the house is worth, but I can't do anything about the market... and to get my Dad's stuff paid off, be able to start accumulating some money left over from his pension every month and have some money in the bank will be such a load off my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I see now how it is...rebel. You and Jesse owe me smores when you get home! Congrats on the sale of your Father's house. Better days ahead. Hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete