Friday, August 6, 2010

Alone In A Theater...

Often times, Tuesday night movie night is always someone else's pick, inadvertently... in other words, I may organize it and send out the text of the time and place, but the choice is rarely mine.  Consequently, I have to go during the middle of the day by myself to see what I want to see.  Today, in an empty theater, I watched Annette Bening and Julianne Moore, along with Mark Ruffalo, in The Kids Are All Right... a story about a long-term lesbian couple who both had a child from the same anonymous sperm donor.  Now 18 and 15, the kids start probing around and meet the father, and relationships are forged, and problems ensue.  The view into this not so conventional family is beautifully told and acted... and will be the sleeper movie of the year that snags all the awards, mark my words.


1 comment:

  1. We'd thought about going to see this, but it had opened only at a little art theater downtown. I love Julianne Moore, and Mark Ruffalo is, well... WOOF-worthy. Now that it's in additional Denver theaters we may have to go check it out. Thanks for the review and recommendation. Meanwhile, we hit Redbox and stayed home last night. "After Life" with Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci and Justin Long (yum)... creepy as hell!

    ReplyDelete