Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spectacular Day

I made the decision the other day (after 15 phone calls to my brother from 9 am until 3 pm to try to get him out of bed) that I wasn't going to use him any more.  Fortunately, a girl I know at work asked me if her husband, who was out of work right now, could help.  I was leary... you never know how someone is going to be, especially in hot weather with 12 yards of mulch staring at you... but he was EXCELLENT!  I had to beg him to take a break, he was such a hard worker.  Didn't talk all day long about stupid stuff, didn't talk to everyone that walked by, didn't talk on his phone all day long, didn't chase ducks around the parking lot... it made today such a great day... He will eagerly be back tomorrow.  The mulch spread like butter on warm toast.

With 23 yards completed, there's only (ha ha) 37 left, but all the hard areas have been done... most of what's left are big open spaces and parking lot islands.  We have another 12 yards coming tomorrow morning, with another beautiful, sunny day in store.

This pic was from the new Barnes and Noble last night... Berry and Matt with The Cat in the Hat (in the middle of the two).  Fun times had by all, especially me for not having to pose with some idiot in a costume or the other two jokers. 

3 comments:

  1. Just have to say...I hope you were going for disconcerting with the pic at the top of your blog. If so...definitely nailed it. Must be the big lifeless eyes and mouths that look like they have been stitched shut. Kinda freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was going for... since Ruminations of my own vacuity is mostly thinking about my emptiness, I think that the pic depicts that with the empty eyes... good luck getting me not to say shit though... with or without my mouth sewn shut :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With everything you have to say (and the creativity with which it is done)....I think you're "emptiness" might be more delusion than truth. That's a good thing....and with everything you've done and said on your blog...I'd definitely hope you wouldn't shut up. I've enjoyed reading it and getting to know you better. I'd be happy to share a blog of my own if I could do it with half the talent of yours!

    ReplyDelete