Sunday, May 9, 2010
Mom's Day
I don't really have a holiday for myself. My Dad forgets my birthday every year... (although very tan) I can't latch on to Martin Luther King Jr. day... (although some young boys have called me Daddy) Father's Day isn't for me... Easter and Xmas (let's not go into religious holidays)... I'd need to have someone special in my life to benefit from Valentine's Day (someone without a crazy boyfriend)... I don't drink beer, so St. Patrick's Day is out (although I have puked behind a dumpster in an alley in the past, if that qualifies me for being Irish)... and even National Coming Out day is way behind me, since I'm 23 years into my gay career already. Mother's Day was it for me... when I had Shelby, my dog. Now, I'm just a statistic that Hallmark sales predictions would like to get off their pie charts. I will go over and see my Godmother, who is practically like a Mom to me. She never forgets my birthday... always gets me a Sarris peanutbutter meltaway egg for Easter and gives me $20 for Xmas... There's nothing like Moms to transcend religious boundries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment