Monday, October 18, 2010

Leaves and Leaving

I spent the day blowing leaves around the parking lot.  Splitting it in half, I blew one side out and by the time I got to the other side, the wind picked up and blew them all over what I had just done, so I had to blow the other half over top of what I had just done.  8 hours of blowing leaves.  I didn't even get to cut any grass, so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow.  They are having a corporate visitor come in on Wednesday, so I'll have to probably stop by early Wednesday to blow off more leaves.  5 minutes after I do it, more fall and it doesn't look like I've done anything.  I don't think I've ever wished for everything to die and the trees to get bare so much in my life. 

I stopped by my Dad's house last night.  The prospective buyers were there fulfilling the requirements of their FHA loan by painting some things that had chipped paint.  They pretty much painted both porches (one cement, one wood deck) the stairs and the entire foundation of the house.  They also tore down the lattice around the deck, put a railing up in the dining room and some other things.  Meanwhile, we haven't had the closing yet.  And while that's a little alarming, they better crack open their piggy banks to make the deal go through now that they did all that... I don't want it back (who paints a foundation white anyway?).  I stayed there an hour and I was so glad that I did.  They were a really nice young couple and they LOVE the house and everything about it... the fact that's it's older... the wood floors... the yard... the lilac trees.  I feel so much more at ease that I know they can't wait to get in there once and for all... and that they appreciate the property and the house.  My Dad was excited as well.  It will make the transition easier for us, emotionally, than if we sold it to someone who wanted to tear the place down and build a McMansion.  They are pushing for a Wednesday or Thursday morning closing, but nothing is set yet.  I will be leaving for Philly right afterwards for my class over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you and your dad have a bit more closure.....nice to know that there will be a whole new set of memories made in that house.....I'll miss the thought that it's not "yours" anymore, but hope they enjoy it just as much.

    ReplyDelete