Friday, October 15, 2010
Ray of Light.
I found out this afternoon that the buyers got the commitment from their bank. There has to be one or two things painted tomorrow by the buyers to satisfy the loan requirements and the appraiser has to check them and then I think we will have our closing, hopefully by mid-week, before I head to Philadelphia for a workshop next weekend. This is great news. Sadly, it comes on the heels of finding out that the student loans that my Dad co-signed for my nephew ($60k worth) will be calling the two of them into court next month and will probably garnish their wages (my Dad's pension).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prepare yourself, you are going to feel like a bride after the wedding is over, once the deal on the house is really done. Just wondering if there is anything to protect your Dad from these loans he co-signed for, given his age. Hope you have an amazing experience in Phila., and share it all with us.
ReplyDeleteDavid...can I ask a personal question?
ReplyDeletehas your dad got any cognitive problems? any memory loss? depression? or anything like that? His lack of judgement when dealing with your nephew and brother is worrying....
if he has a depressive illness wouldnt that be taken into account at all?
sorry to pry
john