Yesterday was all over the place... with my first workout, casino day and movie night. We saw The Town last night... I think that Ben Affleck gets a bad wrap as an actor... he was actually very good. And it's hard to tell with directing... I guess the more believable it is the better the directing? The movie was very good all the way around... I'm not sure it's one of those movies where the topic makes it oscar worthy, but it is getting a lot of award buzz.
I managed to get my butt to the gym for day two today. From the upper body workout yesterday, I can barely straighten out my arms and they're really starting to hurt, with all the lactic acid building up. Today was lower body, which I think that I will regret tomorrow when I'm cutting grass at the Marriott. Since it's been raining for 4 days straight, I wasn't able to get over there on schedule. But it's supposed to be 70 and sunny for the next 4 or 5 days.
I'm happy that I was able to make that first step toward working out. I can already feel that my spirits have lifted and I'm in a better frame of mind. I went food shopping after the gym and made some healthy selections. Making a change is all in the mind, with the body following through. Baby steps.

I'm proud of you......you need to come out to Beaver County and whip my fat ass into shape!
ReplyDelete