When I'm visually focusing on something, it takes my mind off things and keeps my mind occupied. I find the best way for me to get through is from point to point. And while you'd think I was talking about getting through the roadblocks that occur, it's more the down-time that I am trying to get through. Me and my mind alone are not a good combination. Most people look for the down-time in between situations to cope... I think I look for the situations rather than the down-time because I am trained to solve problems, and it's easy for me. The problem with that is that there's always something going on, naturally-occuring or self-perpetuated, and that's not good. I have admitted that I watch too much TV. It's one of the things that keeps my mind focused. When the TV goes off, panic sets in. The same goes with movies for me. At least for an hour and a half, I'm not driving myself crazy. The casino does the same and, recently, I have discovered Acrostics. They are crossword puzzles. With a series of questions, you fill in the blanks with the answer, and each letter then gets plugged into the puzzle grid by a number assigned to the letter. The result is a quote from someone. It's a two-way puzzle, meaning even if you don't know the answer to the question, you can back-fill the answers from words that are formed in the quote. It's very mind consuming.
This TV season, it seems like the shows that are doing the best are shows that the people can relate to. Raising Hope, Mike and Molly, Glee and Hawaii 5-0 are among some of the better shows this year. H 5-0 seems to have all the things necessary to make a great show... beautiful scenery, action/drama/adventure and two hot, young stars with a great comraderie reminicent of Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in the Lethal Weapon legacy. It's funny and entertaining.


No comments:
Post a Comment