I love the cars of the 60's and 70's... my brother and I were really into cars when we were little. We used to sit at the top of our street and pick a number... say 5... and every 5th car that rode by was mine and the same for what his number was. We were so excited when we played this game. It was so simple and entertaining. We didn't need the Wii version... we didn't need to be drunk or screwing some fourteen year old or need to be listening to our ipod like today's kids. We used to be able to tell what kind of car it was 500 feet away in the dark by it's headlights. Nowadays, with the ever-changing designs, I can't tell what it is 5 feet away in the daylight. The Pinto was a beautiful ugly car... it served it's purpose, was cheap and more economical than most cars then... unless you ordered the 'explode on contact' rear bumper... then you went through a lot of gas, I guess.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Ugly Was Cute...
I love the cars of the 60's and 70's... my brother and I were really into cars when we were little. We used to sit at the top of our street and pick a number... say 5... and every 5th car that rode by was mine and the same for what his number was. We were so excited when we played this game. It was so simple and entertaining. We didn't need the Wii version... we didn't need to be drunk or screwing some fourteen year old or need to be listening to our ipod like today's kids. We used to be able to tell what kind of car it was 500 feet away in the dark by it's headlights. Nowadays, with the ever-changing designs, I can't tell what it is 5 feet away in the daylight. The Pinto was a beautiful ugly car... it served it's purpose, was cheap and more economical than most cars then... unless you ordered the 'explode on contact' rear bumper... then you went through a lot of gas, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment