Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Sentiments Exactly, Kris

Blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah.... blah blah blah blah. adflask fjweqerow ieqerwe ofjfs ajwf ljwf owjf..... that about sums it up for me... last night was a good show, except that with the talent pool that they are down to, it all seems a bit "whatever" to me at this point. I think Adam will win and they might as well just close the show down now... but would Coca-Cola, AT&T and Ford suffer from the withdrawal of the show? Better to keep it going than risk upsetting the economy any more.

Everyone did much better than I expected for the disco topic... but the show used to be about 'let's see if you, as an artist, can adapt to the genre'... and not how it is now... 'let's see how the genre can adapt around you... a young, smug, new artist who takes everything and says "fuck it"... this is who I am so let me grind out my version of it based on my abilities, or lack there of'. And if another one sings crappy and says "I had fun"... it's not about fun... it's about bringing your A-game. The younger generation forgets all that went in to music up to this point.... they think that what the artists today crank out is music... guess what... John Mayer and Kanye had nothing to do with the history of music and very little now.

Although I'm not a fan of Lil Rounds, at least she was the only one who truly sang a disco song like a disco song. At least when Adam gives us his version, it's so fresh and original and pushes even his boundries and abilities. Fortunately, they're axing two of them tonight... put them close together when you swing the ax and only waste the energy on one swing. David Archuleta is singing tonight... yipee! Another woo hoo Idol finalist going nowhere. As much as he was my boyfriend last year... I'm glad I kicked him to the curb like Thursday's trash... I didn't even buy his CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment