Sunday, April 26, 2009

All About Me Mondays...


It was a pretty productive weekend. It was deck building weekend... and we got a lot done, but still have a great deal to do. We're so thrilled to be able to walk out of the trailer onto something. When I got back, I went to my Dad's to do a little bit of clean up on the wall that I built and was able to do some edging and added mulch. It looks a whole lot better, but I still have so many things to do there as well. Some of my other talents/jobs are/were...
- I sold photo albums in 1986 door-to-door... I've always been very good at sales... we would have these pre-made appointments where we went out and tried to sell these $600 photo album/processing packages to low-income families... the thing they wanted you to say to seal the deal was... " if after little Mary's birthdays and graduation... her wedding and photos of their first child... if I were to come back to you in 25 years from now and offer you $600 for all those memories... (pregnant pause)........ Mr. and Mrs. (?), would you sell those memories back to me? What parent would say yes? I sold one... felt bad and quit.
- I have worked at a car wash, pizza restaurant, Radio Shack, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Blockbuster Video, Littlearth, a supermarket, and interior design firm to name a few.
- I have 25 years of management experience... I had two Controllerships, been an Accounting Manager and Operations manager, Office Manager, District Training Manager and Restaurant Manager. I have my real estate license, held an insurance license in PA and Ohio and was certified in long-term care as well as Medicare, graduated from the Pittsburgh Bartender School and Career Training Academy after 600 hours of massage studies... I have never attended college, although I graduated high school with honors and had a scholarship that I turned down. I was in the Air Force for four months and went through basic training. I had a contracted job that fell through and technically they could not keep me in there. I owned my own dayspa... cleaning business and now, landscaping business. I have rewired an entire house and do plumbing as well. Soon to be... deck builder?

No comments:

Post a Comment