Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tattoo Training Wheels

Today is the day I go for my tattoo... I'm a little nervous, since I don't do pain well... in fact, I get very sarcastic (much more so than normally) when I get scared... like in a doctor's office or hospital, especially when there are needles involved. 

As far as what I'm getting done or where on my body I'm putting it, I'm kind of looking at it like it could be my first tattoo... or it could be my last.  The design isn't personal enough for me to feel like I'll regret it... like if I got someone's name or some elaborate design, so I'm not worried about that.  It may be the precursor to others or just something that I can say that I've done (and have the stamp to prove it).  There are some slight changes I'm making to it, so we'll see how it turns out.  Wish me luck.

11 comments:

  1. take it like a man big boy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do wish I could be there with you...I imagine it's going to be a very intense experience, and it's totally encouraging me to do the one I've been thinking about for a very long time (I don't have any.) I do hope you'll share pictures when it's done! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your tattoo in colors? I prefer dark blue. My unique tattoo which was designed by my friend is on my avatar pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will it work like a real doll? *grabs some needles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you...I am not immune to pain but have a high threshold...I could take it but...we found out I'm allergic to the ink; otherwise you would have seen Technicolor-Sistine Chapel tats all over me. lol

    let us know how it goes and of course...a photo is obligatory.
    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck, and I hope they don't prick you too hard. Or stick you. Or . . . I just hope it's not too painful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck :)

    I hope it is a painless process for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the tat. It sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it helps any, I have a fear of needles too. Funny, considering it's what I do all day.

    Good luck. I hope it turns out exactly like you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AND???????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  11. D@ve - a tattoo? Really? Just yesterday Bill and I were talking about tattoos (neither one of us has or ever wanted one) and why people get tattoos. I almost got one (on my lower left ankle - so no one but me would see it I guess)when I was in the Army in 1960. My buddies were going to go out and 'get one' but I passed, pussy that I am. I'm glad that I did. I wouldn't want that tattoo now. The only mark I have on my body is a long incision on my left abdomen from a hernia. That's enough for ole Ron. Good luck with your tattoo!

    ReplyDelete