Monday, April 4, 2011

Daisy Picker

My contract started March 15th this year instead of April 1st like last year.  Even with the wildly erratic weather that we've been having (and still continue to have)... I was able to log in about 50+ hours so far getting things ready for 75 yards of mulch that I'll be hauling and spreading soon, followed by planting 700 annuals.  Yesterday, it rained, hailed, was sunny and windy all in and about an hour's time.  Since my business is completely reliant upon the weather, it makes it hard to get anything done.  Worse, is feeling unproductive.  Many times I wake up and it's raining, so I set off on a totally different path of errands, only to have it turn sunny and then I feel guilty because I should be working.  Then, I drive home and get changed and load the truck up and it starts to rain.  If there's one thing that I hate is being wet by the rain, especially working in it. 

My clients think that I'm just standing outside looking up twirling an umbrella... when they aren't thinking that I'm just laying under a tree picking daisies and pondering life.

5 comments:

  1. It's probably a bad sign of our culture or my mindset that I hear "my clients" and instantly think gigolo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pick some daisies on my way home today..and think of you then David ;-) Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something to be said for standing in the rain, twirling an umbrella... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know sometimes you got to "lay under a tree picking daisies and pondering life" For all work does nobody good. I enjoy life, but I also enjoy my down time. So do not have daisy for you, but I do have some other flowers I can think of you.
    Hope you have a wonderful day today.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what is the matter with picking daisies and pondering life?

    ReplyDelete