First thing this morning, I had a dentist appointment to get some x-rays taken and have my teeth cleaned. I'm happy to report that I don't have any cavities or any problems and she praised me for my hygene. It felt good walking out of there not in pain, for once. Especially after spending all day yesterday doing my and my Dad's taxes. I joked with a friend of mine... taxes and the dentist... all I needed was to get a speeding ticket and those are the three most sucky situations you encounter.
I decided on a tattoo tonight, as Kyle and I stopped in his friend's shop after dinner tonight. I wanted a voodoo doll, but wasn't sure if I wanted more of a realistic tattoo or more of a cartoon one. Considering it was my first... and maybe last... and I don't like needles or blood or pain... I decided to go with the cartoon version because it would take less time and I am partial to cartoons. We looked online and came across this one that I really liked. I love the button eye and zipper mouth... and we're going to play with the colors a little bit and some of the textures and add some pins... but it mostly would look this way. They had an opening on Sunday... so it all came together quickly... which is a good thing, since I probably would change my mind about what I wanted or getting one at all. I'm excited about it.

Love it!
ReplyDeleteDon't like it.
ReplyDeleteCute. Just like you. Where on your body are you having it put?
ReplyDeleteThe big color ink I have took me 3 1/2 months to complete, and it cost me $1800.
funny lil thing.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice tattoo ...Where are you going to put it? Be Careful I said I would get just one tattoo 5 years ago now I am up to 9 they can be very addictive
ReplyDeleteCute. There's somethin' very "fetish" about it too. How big is it going to be? Guess your bf's gonna loooove trying to lick it off... I know I would ;-)
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
So, you're going to lose your tattoo virginity on Easter Sunday. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteIt's a cool graphic that has potential. I agree with you about the button eye and zipper mouth. I especially like that it has only one button eye and the other is a cross stitch. I'm sure the design will be greatly improved once you tweak it for color, texture, etc. I'm assuming it will have at least one needle since it's a voodoo doll. Are you going to give him a peepee?
I hope this turns out well for you. If you like it, you could use it as a personal symbol on your letterheads, maybe even your truck!
Have you considered having Kyle video the process. I'm sure your AMM regulars would love to see the application.
I'm new to blogging/commenting. I'm following your direction and hitting "post comment" several times. I'm never sure when my comment "takes" and when I need to retype it. I trust that you will delete the duplicates, if any.
Again good luck with your design. I will be interested to see if it's "public" or "private" ink.
Interesting.
ReplyDeleteDoes the voodoo doll represent you or someone else?
If it represents you, I think you should give it a heart.
I hope you are happy with it - this is for better or worse!
ReplyDeleteThat.Is.AWESOME!
ReplyDelete