Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

Another long week/weekend.  Friday night, I met up with the usual crowd and had too much to drink (as I figured I would, given the situation with my ex).  It snuck up on me, and I was a mess... while in Dan's car, all I said was "uh-oh" and I started throwing up (by the way, cherries do make a drink look pretty, but not when you're puking).  I had to be driven home by Dan, only to realize that I didn't have my house key or my phone (left them in the truck), so I had to wake my Dad up at 2:30 in the morning.  I felt like a little kid.  A stupid little kid.

Saturday morning, I had to go get my truck at the bar and Dan and I went to lunch.  I went into work a bit and cut some grass in between the rain, then met up with my high school friends for our third outing at a local bar.  Fortunately, I had good sense not to drink at all.  It was a very nice time... and a good turn out.

Sunday, I did some things at home and had an early dinner with my Dad (the usually holiday dinner; ham, broccoli with cheese sauce, mashed potatoes and poppin'-fresh biscuits), visited my Aunt, then went to watch a few movies (The Fighter and The Rabbit Hole) at my friend David's house, then we went off to find something to eat for Easter dinner.  Not too much was open, but Haufbrau House was, and it was a great meal, complete with a little german man playing a keyboard singing Edelwies.  It wasn't that busy, and I'm told that it's usually packed, so it was nice to enjoy it without all the people and a two hour wait.  I was originally supposed to get my tattoo done on Sunday, but it's been recheduled to Thursday.

We have a break in the clouds, so I'm off to get some mulching done out of the back of my truck.  Still raining here... still.  STILL?  Really?  I'm getting very little done.

4 comments:

  1. How did you like "The Fighter"? I was surprised by how much I liked it, despite the 1197 times the word "fuck" was used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a great weekend you had (except puking part).
    For me, it's very special for the first tattoo. It's like overcoming something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd weekend here, too, weatherwise. The weatherman said it would drizzle, but it turned to a pouring rain for about an hour. Then, Sun. Go figure. Your Easter dinner reminds me of the Christmas dinner for the Parkers in "A christmas Story" -- only without the duck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate throwing up; I've had my share and want never to do it again.

    ReplyDelete