So, with Glee in hiatus... and all of my other TV progrums being all over the place (one week they're on, two weeks they're not), I've been hard-pressed for consistent entertainment. American Idol seems to be my only staple... and I'm only partially interested in that, as well. Especially after what happened last night. Pia was sent home. It just goes to show that, while they are all talented in their own rite this year, America has no idea what talent is and their taste is awful. Pia was, by far, the most talented one of the bunch... funny, smart, hot as hell and an angelic voice. You could pluck Celine Dion right out of her concert and replace her with Pia and you wouldn't know the difference (hell, Celine is so skinny, no one would even know she was there if you left her on the stage with Pia). It's disheartening. Perhaps she will be a Jennifer Hudson or a Daughtry, enjoying more success than the actual winners over the last couple of years (less Kelly and Carrie). It just goes to show, you have to vote for your favorites. And speaking of favorites, my progrum Brothers and Sisters is probably going off the air. Cutting, dramatic and full of angst, I guess America would rather watch DWTS or ABDC or some other reality bullshit. I read yesterday that there will be some upsets in the two hour special (and probably season finale). Wouldn't it be fantastic if William Walker were still alive? THAT would be the best finale ever... well, next to the season finale of the Newhart show where the whole show was wrapped up as a dream... and he wakes up in his bed from the first Bob Newhart show and Suzanne Pleshette is in the bed with him. Classic! (fast forward video to 7:30).
Friday, April 8, 2011
Status Quo
So, with Glee in hiatus... and all of my other TV progrums being all over the place (one week they're on, two weeks they're not), I've been hard-pressed for consistent entertainment. American Idol seems to be my only staple... and I'm only partially interested in that, as well. Especially after what happened last night. Pia was sent home. It just goes to show that, while they are all talented in their own rite this year, America has no idea what talent is and their taste is awful. Pia was, by far, the most talented one of the bunch... funny, smart, hot as hell and an angelic voice. You could pluck Celine Dion right out of her concert and replace her with Pia and you wouldn't know the difference (hell, Celine is so skinny, no one would even know she was there if you left her on the stage with Pia). It's disheartening. Perhaps she will be a Jennifer Hudson or a Daughtry, enjoying more success than the actual winners over the last couple of years (less Kelly and Carrie). It just goes to show, you have to vote for your favorites. And speaking of favorites, my progrum Brothers and Sisters is probably going off the air. Cutting, dramatic and full of angst, I guess America would rather watch DWTS or ABDC or some other reality bullshit. I read yesterday that there will be some upsets in the two hour special (and probably season finale). Wouldn't it be fantastic if William Walker were still alive? THAT would be the best finale ever... well, next to the season finale of the Newhart show where the whole show was wrapped up as a dream... and he wakes up in his bed from the first Bob Newhart show and Suzanne Pleshette is in the bed with him. Classic! (fast forward video to 7:30).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
David,
ReplyDeleteYou are a hot guy! I like the picture of you and that swirl of hair on your chest. Luscious. And you're alone? Hard to believe. I like the beard, the biceps, the smile. Everything! Wow.
WOOF. We should rub beards and furry pecs together and make out. :P Keep the workouts at the gym. You'll get there buddy.
ReplyDeleteKeep up w/ your workouts... definitely looking good - and just at the right time of year too now that the weather is getting nice.
ReplyDeleteI agree with these guys. I think you look really hot too. Love your dark fur and beard.
ReplyDeleteI stopped watching Brothers & Sisters a while back when Kevin and Scott decided to adopt a baby. I'm so sick of gay couples on network TV portrayed trying to live a straight lifestyle. I get the impression they're trying to convince us that is the norm. Hardly!
I loved The Bob Newhart Show. Yes I'm that old. I liked that kind of humor on that show. I miss that.
Lets hope the rainy cold weather ends soon.
You're a total hottie!
ReplyDeleteGREAT. Way to avoid the Spoiler Alert on 'Newhart', I was just about to watch it! (i kid....I kid....)
ReplyDeleteI don't wan to hear about your 175lb "struggle". You're just fine. You look great.
Your workouts are paying off! Glad to see you sticking with it.
ReplyDeleteAs for TV, many scripted shows aren't worth watching anymore, and reality shows are getting rather dull. Surprisingly, we watch a few DIY shows on HGTV -- like Holmes Inspection -- and the Travel Channel. (Zak Bagans is quite the hottie -- if he would just do something with that hair! And the spray tan.) I spend more time reading, or playing video games instead of watching TV.
I get the impression that you have self-diagnosed with some degree of seasonal affective disorder. You appear to be a highly intelligent, self-aware individual, so your diagnosis is probably correct. There are a number of remedies you can investigate including supplements such as SAMe.
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine, who has a mild/moderate case of SAD, swears by the Philips goLITE BLU Light Therapy Device. He uses it almost every morning.
I, too, live in the Pittsburgh area, and I can relate to the dismal feelings contributed to by the lack of sunny days. I've been looking into the goLITE BLU for myself. The manufacturer claims that the light boosts mood and energy. I am impressed with the Philips website. It provides a lot of quasi-clinical information. On the website, the upscale model of this light is 200.00. So, of course, I went to Amazon.
At Amazon, you can get the light for 150.00, and there are 200 customer reviews, most of them very favorable. Actually, it is the Amazon customer reviews along with my friend's experience that has me about ready to shell out 150.00. I'll buy Amazon gift cards at Giant Eagle which will give me an extra .30 off per gallon of gas. At least, I don't have to fill a Nissan truck.
Good luck. I imagine your regular workouts are a mood booster. Hang in there; some sunny days have to be just around the corner.
I am impressed with your writing.
Where can I apply for this job where you can smell the roses and pick daisies all day? and get paid?? ha ha no wait I am too young for that, and I love my job. Can't imagine to sit at home all day.
ReplyDeleteI used to watch B&S but then it morphed into the Family Drama Of The Week followed by the Family Dinner/Part/Event Of The Week which included the Family Fight Of The Week followed by the Family Make-up Of The Week.
ReplyDeleteI stopped after the car crash.
I have to thank you for sharing your words with us. I've been a lurker for the longest time, just to read what you have to say, wishing I could write things that incite so much. Thank you...and keep it coming.
ReplyDeleteYou are more than welcome to come visit Boston - preferably shirtless. You look goooooooooooooood.
ReplyDeleteI use to watch Brothers and Sisters and then stopped, but not because it got boring...I just started watching less television.
ReplyDeleteI'm just now watching Glee--and I have to watch season 1 on netflix.
I'm disappointed with American Idol too. I can't believe Pia is going home. I think they need to put a cap on the amount of votes you can use. This way, crappy more "popular" candidates don't get millions of votes from four teeny boppers who are voting just to vote.