I wanted to thank everyone for their support, condolences, prayers, wishes and concern. Writing my blog entry yesterday was difficult, reliving some of the good memories that I have with John. The funeral services are over the next three days (thats Italians for you), which will be difficult. I think that I'm still in shock... seeing him lying there will probably make it more of a reality for me.
We're at that age in life where we will see a lot more heartache, pain and death as the people we love start to disappear. Which is why you have to live life to the fullest, for today... because you may not have any tomorrows. If I know John, and I do, I'm sure he wasn't thinking that he'd have limited time. He'd also want everyone to go on living, seizing the day... and celebrating his life instead of mourning his death. The silver lining in the clouds that he was always looking at reflects the sunlight, not the darkness. Sunflowers were his favorite flower for a reason.
I managed to get some work done yesterday... and I'm heading to do some today before the services. It helps to take my mind off things.
You've said all! There's nothing more to add. Amen! We must live to the fullest for the love of those who aren't anymore with us.
ReplyDeleteAs "Mame" once said. Life is a buffet and half the poor suckers are starving. It seems like John eat from that buffet and went to the next one. My ex, Jon, who has past away. Always told me the same thing. That ia why I am 500 lbs and growing for more. I love that life of buffet. I have lived a full life and I am planning on eatting off of the life buffet as long as I can.
ReplyDeleteHUGS
Ray
Good advice. Remember, John will no longer suffer this world. He doesn't know anything now. He is not in pain. Those who are in pain are his survivors. That is where the sorrow is. We do not mourn for the dead, we mourn for ourselves and for what we will never have again. I've known a lot of deaths at this time of my life. However, the only two that I really miss are my Mom who died last September and one of my little Pomeranian dogs who died over 10 years ago. I sort of miss my friend Sal who lived in Elizabeth (near where you live) but he was in so much pain when he died, I know he's in a better place now, if only an Eternal Sleep. The services for your John won't be easy D@vid. But that is the time to honor and respect his time on this earth. You are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking about you pretty much non-stop. Please know I'm here for you - day or night - if you need to talk. I'm glad you're still going Saturday......I'll see you then if not before.
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Julie
I have seen many people, professionally and personally, go before me. Last month I was told one of my college buddies had died in an emergency surgery. There is no 'good death'; what makes death 'good' is having lived Life well so when we go we have beheld a marvelous tale.
ReplyDelete