It's kind of funny... people blog for all kinds of reasons and in all kinds of styles. Some don't allow comments and some do... some give a reply comment to every comment made... and some just put their shit out there for people to interpret, take in comments, but don't reply. The last one is me.
When I started my blog, I really just wanted to vent. Never realizing that people would actually read it, let alone get involved, I simply started filtering the comments for anything offensive, but tried to be true and fair in printing every comment that came in, regardless of how it painted me, based on my post. After all, I could surround myself with people that agree with me, but how would I ever grow as a person then? My being would be based solely on my perception and perspective of myself and my actions... and, to quote Spo... "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool". You need the checks and balances in life to keep you in line. When someone comments, I usually take the information into account and don't usually reply. I feel that this breeds a safe haven for people to say what they feel without recourse, judgement or opposition from me and allows them to interpret the post as they do. It gives them a chance to share their experiences and knowledge, give their input, get on their soapbox... and just be themselves.
I like when people comment back to their readers, but it's just not my thing. I am very appreciative of the time that people take to comment and their concern... it doesn't fall on deaf ears, believe me.

I have been following your blog for a while and like it a lot. once in a while I will make a comment not expecting a reply, of course.
ReplyDeleteAs for my blog, I do enjoy the comments I get, even the negative ones. The only ones I will reject are those that are "anonymous" because if they are too lazy to write their own blog or too concerned with the frailty of their convictions I am not giving them a free podium.
Keep up the good work, some of us enjoy your blog.
saludos,
raulito
I don't have a personal blog, but I love getting comments and I do reply to them, just to show my readers I appreciate their effort to leave a comment. Plus it's a nice way to communicate and to get to know my followers. I've found some wonderful people through it ( e.g.you).
ReplyDeleteOld Drive in Movie I tried for e moment to think what is was saying. I miss those. The youngens do not know what they have missed.
ReplyDeleteSince I have found your blog. I try to comment something every time you make a new blog post. First of what got me going here was how handsome you are, next the writtings you do. I find it interesting to look into someone's soul (so to speak). I love you writtings.
Thank you for a GREAT blog. Please keep it up and do not go anywhere.
Hugs
Ray
Simple. I like how you roll. Sign me "Avid Fan."
ReplyDeleteCowboy Ray sent me. First time here. This blog looks interesting and I'll be back later to look over and read it more. Nice to meet you.
ReplyDeleteStan