Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Mr. Rodgers would be singing today.... it's going to be 65 and sunny and not a cloud in the sky... and I'm off to do some mulching.  I spoke with the General Manager yesterday and he's thrilled with what I've been able to get accomplished so far this year, despite the rain... and told me to just take my time... no rush.  That takes a huge amount of pressure off me, not worrying about what he's thinking.  I was also awarded another project of tearing out some old bushes and replacing them with new.  Costco has crazy-cheap bushes that they bring in this time of year... cheaper than what I can get wholesale and bigger and better.

In other news, I finally made it back to the gym yesterday after a three day slug-fest of not stepping foot in there.

3 comments:

  1. I heard once the wonderful Jessye Norman saying that pressure always come from within never from without. That has been my moto since.
    Have a "Beautiful Day in the Bushes" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on both of your successes.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad to know Mr. Rodgers has become an icon for insipid blandess; for he was a dear and thoughtful man. I am glad you captured his spirit in this, for he reveled in the beauty of the day, and the ordinary around him.

    ReplyDelete