Thursday, May 21, 2009

Weeds 101

WEEDS:

Many people ask me what they should be doing about weeds. They spray or worse, pull the plant out. Unfortunately, as you can see by the picture above, weeds like Thistle have very long stolons which branch out either downward or horizontally. The problem comes in when you pull them out... it breaks off the stolon and even with an inch left in the ground broken off, it will most surely grow back. This is why you have to spray the weeds... and be patient for the killer to get to the root. In Roundup, there is a special enzyme that inhibits growth of the plant. You need the leaves though, because by spraying it on the leaves, the plant absorbs it. It takes 5 or so days for it to get to the root, so be patient. Tough weeds like Dandelions and Thistle may take two sprayings... and don't do it if it's going to rain... sunny weather is best.

WEEDS:

The best show ever on Showtime. Mary Louise Parker is excellent, as is the whole cast. I love this series!
WEEDS
There are many kinds of Weed... or 'strains' grown that have different affects on the body... or intensities... not that I partake in it. It has been called Whack, Whackatabacky, Whackyweed, Mari Jane, Wake and Bake, Refer, Pot, Sticky Icky to name a few. If I were to prefer a way to smoke it if I did or thought I would or ever thought I would or it crossed my mind or my path... any way, I might prefer a water bong... the smoke (so I hear) is filtered through the water to lessen the burning in your throat and you don't cough as much... purely hearsay


No comments:

Post a Comment