



Guess my dad's truck had had enough. Today at a job, I parked it at the top of a huge hill (a utility easement)... unloaded the load and then went to back up. The wheels started spinning and with no weight in the back... I was actually sliding forward. Now I am slightly over the hill and can't get the truck back out... so my only option is to go all the way down the hill and make a fun for it. Ah, no. After three attempts, I could only get it about a hundred feet from the top. One of the neighbors took his four wheel drive down the hill and came right back up, but not my truck. It was pissed at all the times I overloaded it... three times today actually. So I had to call AAA, buy a membership and wait for the tow truck guy to come, hook a wench to the truck and slowly pull me up the hill. By now, since this happened in Washington County, the neighbor folk live for this kind of shit... and all were gathered around speculating on whose ATV could pull it out and would I look any less silly if I had a mullet like them. So much for getting referrals from the excellent job that I did... now that I'm the town spectacle/idiot. I'm sure this is the most excitement they have seen since Bessy the cow had a calf with two heads.
No comments:
Post a Comment