Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Phoenix (Dust) Rises Again

Another dust storm enveloped Phoenix last night... no one can blame me this time... I wasn't anywhere near there!

It's official... as per my Facebook page (which, as we all know, is the social bible)... John and I are starting a relationship.  We've seen quite a bit of each other over the last week or so... and I've been really happy.  Although only a short amount of time, between fate and how things have just fallen into place, I haven't felt like anyone would fit in my life for a long time.  I find myself looking forward to the future... something I also haven't done in a long time.

I had planned on starting to cut grass by now... but my Aunt called me a bit ago and I'll have to take her to the hospital this morning.  She has Diverticulitis... and it's acting up and she's in pain... my day turns on a dime.  One minute single and cutting grass... the next, falling in love and at the hospital.

18 comments:

  1. You are such a down-to-earth guy (based on your blogs) so enjoy the new relationship, but remember to GO SLOW and enjoy getting to know each other. It's so easy to get taken away by the joy of finding a connection that you overlook things and dismiss others. This is especially true given the "fate-like", but purely coincidental circumstances under which you two met. Remember to keep your head in the game and build a solid foundation getting to know each other. If you decide to overlook a particular fault or issue, that's fine, just know it and own it. Good luck and enjoy getting to know John. I know one thing about him...he is a very lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not be happier for you. I look forward to following along on this new journey with you. Be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don your shades, as I a BEAMING for you!! All that getting into shape (emotionally and physically) is finally paying off, especially the cardio ;) It is awesome to see your joy. Congratulations to you both! I hope I get to meet John soon and that your Aunt has a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the falling in love. As for the hospital, I have diverticulosis and know exactly how your Aunt feels; good to know she can count on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one will bite the dust Next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John in So. Central PAJuly 19, 2011 at 5:00 PM

    I've been following your blog for 2 mos. approx., and really look forward to your news and happenings. You seem well grounded and sincere. Just take it steady and best wishes to you and John!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he's cute good...... luck to you both

    ReplyDelete
  8. When it rains it pours, or dust is as dust does, or well you know what I mean.

    Congrats on the new found friend and love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, there goes my fantasy of riding off in the sunset with you. LOL Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW LOVE!!! Y'all are a handsome couple. :) I am so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is good news. I always believe in love, and love at first sight. I hope you guys are always happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to mention how incredible I think it is that you are able to discern so quickly, whether a relationship will work for you, or not.

    What some people might consider
    "turnover", you consider common sense. You run your personal life, as efficiently as you run your business.

    The fact that you can be up front with someone and not "pretend" to have feelings when you don't, or be interested when you aren't, is something that sets you apart. It is an admirable quality.

    Call it "tough love," but if everyone was able to be more honest on the front end, there would be a lot less heartache in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you! Hey, I'm happy for you. I wish both of you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too want to join the conga line of congratulations !

    And the 2nd storm was a pish posh disappointment.

    ReplyDelete