Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dusty Aftermath Isn't That Country Girl You Sat Behind in Home Ec Class

Not to belabor the whole thing, but I am still shocked at the dust storm last night.  EVERYTHING in the city is COVERED in dust... it's in the air, and you can still taste it.  It's something that I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around, especially after seeing the photos of the 15 mile high wall of dust below from some of the local news shows. 


With all the ruckus, I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, plus I was on eastern time... so I didn't get much sleep.  They have a great breakfast buffet downstairs... and I'm getting myself cleaned up and ready to go onto the next adventure.  I'm back at this hotel next Monday before I fly out... it's amazing for $47.00 a night.  Clean, modern and great customer service.  If you're ever here in Phoenix, I'd highly recommend the 3 Palms Hotel... just not during a dust storm.

I'll probably switch days from what I planned... instead of Sedona, where there is so much to see in every direction and I have to figure it out... I'm going to just head to the hotel in Flagstaff, unload and drive to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.  There, I'll take some pictures and do a car tour of the entire south rim.  Tomorrow, once I've had some time to figure it out and with it being right near the hotel, I'll get up early and check out Sedona.  I'm not in any hurry today... I'm looking forward to getting in the car with the desert in front of me and just see what's out there.

8 comments:

  1. who is sleeping in the other bed huh huh ;) hehe

    this cloud reminds me on a movie, The Mummy....where a huge face comes out of it. Safe travel my American friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dust storm in Arizona? Does Homer know about this?

    Here are some great videos:

    http://www.towleroad.com/2011/07/watch-massive-dust-storm-engulfs-phoenix.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there is some joke in there about the south 'rim' but I won't go there.

    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are safe........Jeez, David - leave it to you to rustle up a dust storm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That haboob has been all over the news on TV and internet! Good timing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. D@vid fans can stay with me; I charge only 20$ and you will get breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just think: how often do you get to see something like this in real life, especially where you live?

    I wonder if dust storm clouds have silver linings?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dust storm was one of the lead stories on the nightly news in France last night. But I heard about it here first, at Another Mile Marker!

    ReplyDelete