I was glad to go... but I'm glad to be back home again. Here's the map from my journey... the route that I took is highlighted in orange, starting and ending in Phoenix and deliberate stops or overnight stays are circled in orange. Some roads were backtracked on. Altogether, a little over 1,200 miles... which is the equivalent of driving from New York City to Miami!!
Wow! That's quite the adventurous little road trip! It was fun to read about your trip. Welcome home.
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing the map! Puts it all into a perspective that shows us the extent of your travels!
ReplyDeleteGreat that we were able to accompany you on this journey. I enjoyed the trip ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are the most adventerous man I know! Imagine how many incredible stories you are going to have by the time you are an old. You might even become a legend! I can see it now, my Grandchilden sitting around the fire with you, making Smores, listening intently to the "Tales of David's Adventure's." Your loving Partner looking on at you, smiling, his eyes twinkling from the light of the fire. So proud of you and who you are...sitting on the edge of his seat in anticipation of your next word...SNAP OUT OF IT!! (That's payback for Devil's Bridge) ;)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading about your trip. Thanks. I'm glad you could do it but ugh, that's way too much driving for me.
ReplyDeleteWow. I would be afraid of getting lost. Were there big stretches of desert and the sameness of the landscape?
ReplyDeleteI am glad I was part of this.
ReplyDelete