Saturday, July 23, 2011

In the Heat of the Night

It was a muggy-ass week here in the 'burgh.  Temperatures got well into the 90's, which means in the 100's with the heat index/humidity.  It was a real bitch getting my work done at the hotel... I had to split up the 5 hours (with nothing growing) into two days so I wouldn't get heat stroke.  After working so many hours over the last couple of months, it's funny... I've completely shut down, having a hard time getting motivated to do anything, again, mostly due to the heat.  Hopefully, it cools down a bit... and fortunately, my poor plants and flowers had some rain over the last couple of days.  Still, there's been no reprieve... it seems like car's and establishment's air conditioners can't keep up.

Last night was another Blue Moon night.... John, Julie, Robin, Courtney, Missy, Kelly and Sweet Trav came to the bar and hung out, so it passed the time quickly.  I'm off tonight... and the next two weekends, one because I was supposed to be at that class (and now we're having a big night out Friday night and a Kennywood day on Sunday)... and the first week of August, I'll be in Philly and Rehoboth hanging out with my friends.

5 comments:

  1. Awe, hang in there buddy. Maybe eat some ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it was so hot, I think pic of you with several more shirt buttons undone is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you work in this heat D@vid. Just today I told Bill that I was so glad I didn't have to work in this kind of weather. I wouldn't make it. I think the older we get our metabolism changes. I don't remember having this kind of problem when I was young. I could go all day and knew it was hot and even muggy but the heat and humidity didn't bother me like it does now. This is dangerous. Take care of yourself. I had a cousin who died of heat exhaustion when he was only 18 years old. He was exercising in the heat. He passed out from heat exhaustion and was dead minutes later. Be careful D@avid. I would like to read your blog when you're my age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. stop by the bayern kurve at kennywood and say hello Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cool and chilly this Sunday morning in Montreal. Hope you guys are having a little break too!
    Say hello to Robin!
    Have a great week
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete