Saturday, July 16, 2011

Head In The Cloud (9)

Where are my beautiful vistas?  Where's the ding-dinging of slot machines?  Where's the friggin' mint on my pillow?  I went from exploring the trails of our forefathers to trail mix, back working at the bar last night.

I've been missing in action since I got back.  Partly due to getting back in the swing of things in reality world... getting caught up at the Marriott... dealing with some family stuff... getting back to it at the bar.. but there's been another reason that I've been MIA.  A boy.  Whether you believe in fate, kismet or horoscopes (this was mine this week in the pic), you can't argue with life throwing you a very strange connection, which poses the question:  Do things happen for a reason (and what is that reason)?

After a hard end to my relationship with Jesse, I haven't had much luck since then with guys.  The world has changed... the game has changed... I've changed... and what I need has changed.  Or has it?  Am I still the same person with the same ideals and values and standards or have I lowered them to be in the game?  I don't want to have to change or settle, and while it looked grim that I'd have to or be by myself... life threw me an unexpected curve.


While I was in Vegas, I stopped in at a bar that I used to hang out at to see Paul and Michael, friends of mine from the olden days.  I noticed a guy a few feet from me glancing my way, and when Paul left an hour later to go home, he approached me and asked me where I was from.  When I replied 'Pittsburgh', he about fell off his seat since he is also from here... in fact, he lives 10 minutes from me.  After chatting a while, we (he, his friend, George... and me) left to go see 'Old Vegas' and we had a great time.  I left the next morning to drive back to Phoenix and didn't really expect too much to come from it, but I was wrong.

John and I have been hanging out quite a bit this week since he returned home.  We've had some great communication and have been getting to know each other.  Besides interests, we have so much in common when it comes to our personalities, quirks and traits... and things that were problems in past relationships suddenly mesh beautifully with us.  He's funny, caring, artistic, smart, innocent and has great morals... not to mention he's cute as a button.

Why did this happen?  What did I do to deserve something so good?  And at a time when I didn't think that I could feel things that I haven't felt in years, where is this coming from?  Have I done the work on myself necessary to get another chance at love?  Was that all preparation for something better?  All I have to say is 'who cares'... I'm ready to believe... that I deserve it... that it's worth it... and that it could be just that... love.  While too early to tell.. and with us not rushing into things, my head is in the clouds... and the view is wonderful!!

18 comments:

  1. What we're looking for is also looking for us!
    It's the law of attraction.
    Give in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just goes to show you that when you least expect it...If you were looking for a friendship or a relationship you were not going to find it.
    They tend to arrive that way...unexpected and totally welcomed.

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  3. They always say it happens when you least expect it. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John seems to be an incredible young man; "man" being the key word here. There is no room in your life anymore for "boys." You have outgrown them.

    You have worked so hard on every aspect of your life over these last few years. Finding a mate who complements you, understands you, helps you grow and will stay by your side through thick and thin, is everything that you deserve.

    I hope you find this in John, and he in you. Love and Best Wishes to you both, in this new endeavor. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the ride, my friend. You deserve it as much as anyone. Don't question why it is, just enjoy that it is. Is it weird I'm a little jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when things like this happen. That's what makes life so wonderful, magical and also frustrating! I'm happy for you! If you hadn't gone to Vegas, you wouldn't have met your 'neighbor'. What a beautiful and hopeful chapter! Good luck to you! Take what life has given you right now! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats onthis. I fully agree with Deep Blue.

    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always said that when you stop looking you find what you've been wanting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if you listen to John Legend but his song comes to mind .....

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds exciting! Good luck to you... just a bit of advice. Just relax and enjoy each moment in getting to know each other. Don't try to define it too soon. Let us know how things are going....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This entry made me very happy!
    I'm so happy for you, and look forward to hearing more about how things progress. You certainly deserve it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Enjoy the ride. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So THAT'S why I haven't heard from you.....let's lunch so you can give me all the details. So happy for you.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's wonderful! Good things always happen when you stop looking for them.

    ReplyDelete