Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!!

As usual, I'll be working on this holiday... it's nice because the hotel is usually empty and I can get my work done without tripping over people or having the parking lot full.  Today is the last checkmark on my list before I leave tomorrow morning.  I'm heading out to cut the grass while it's cool outside.  Of course, with it being 118 degrees in Phoenix yesterday, I don't think 85 and humid here should be my concern right now.  I'm going to melt.

I hope everyone has a great holiday... don't eat too many weiners... and don't blow your hand off with firecrackers!!  And let's hope it's a day filled with rememberance of those who came before us and accomplished what they did... and also a day of humility... for although we are a great nation, we have some work to do to be what we once were.  Let's honk the horn less on our big fat Hummers... and try to remember what our forefathers stood for and act upon that in a way where we don't act like jackasses.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day David. And have a safe trip tomorrow. I am looking forward to all the pics of your journey you will post so we others who have to stay home (wherever that is) can go on a virtual trip at least. *waves and blows lil kisses in your direction* ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th David. Have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ihope you have a wonderful day today. Safe journey on your holiday/ vacation.

    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of Bill Pullman's cracking speech in ID4

    We will not go quietly into the night!

    We will not vanish without a fight!

    We're going to live on!

    We're going to survive!"

    Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete