It's a sunny day... not a cloud in the sky... I took a look at the map and did the research to plan the trip. I'm excited about the destination... somewhere I've always wanted to go. I filled up the tank, washed the windows and put aside a few of my favorite CD's. I'm ready to go...
I haven't been on this road in some time. I start out in familiar surroundings and soon, there are some parts of it that I don't remember. I get a little anxious and think about turning back. I look out the side window and the foliage is beautiful and the vistas are spectacular. I look in the rear-view mirror and swerve off the road a bit but regain my path. With the twists and turns in the road, I can't see too far ahead of me and that makes me more anxious. Press on... turn around... or maybe pull over to get my bearings? A combination of looking forward, around me in my present position and behind me will keep me on the road.
Being rather direct in nature, It's funny how when I write (especially 'poems'), I write between the lines. If you haven't figured it out, the trip I'm talking about is the journey that I'm currently on... taking the results of my hard work and applying the knowledge to my life and new relationship. My first instict was to pull over to get my bearings, and that's what I did by making the decision to stop blogging, but that's not me. I've always been the type to ask for directions, but only follow until the first turn... thinking that I'll ask again at that point. Who knows, I may change my mind... or I may actually want to get lost for a while... sometimes going off the popular path is where all the fun is... or you learn something unexpected.
It was only a matter of hours after I declared stopping that I instinctively wanted to write, with several things popping into my head. I received some wonderful comments, talked to a bunch of my friends and John, and I felt good about what I had accomplished over the last 2.5 years. I was surprised at the amount of people that read it daily, especially since the same 6 or 7 people are the only ones that comment. My blog has transformed several times. It's coincidental how the header pictures usually connect with not only the seasons of the year, but my mood as well... is that my subconscience at work?
I'm going to continue to blog... it's become a part of me that I can't easily let go of... and it's still therapeutic for me. You, my friends and John all support me in it... and I thank you for that. Don't be afraid to leave a comment.

YAY!!! Glad you're "back" friend.......we're all in this journey together, right?
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I am so glad you decided to continue to blog. Your blog was one of my "must stops" everyday. In many ways your life today parallels my life when I was your age. I too took a couple (maybe four) "journeys." Unfortunately my journeys proved more to me a dream in my head than real life. That is not to say that your journey won't end differently. I hope it does. But what I can do is to warn you of the many pitfalls along that road and don't take anything for granted. Always be prepared for the worst.
ReplyDeleteWONDERFUL news! You do write so eloquently and I enjoy reading your posts! Write when you feel the need, and don't write when you don't!
ReplyDeleteold reader still here....
ReplyDeleteyou got to do what you feel is right
if blogging is right then write
David-I, as well as well as alot of people out there are thrilled at the news! I really don't believe you know how many people find your blog therapeutic as well! As I have posted before, I have been following your blog for approx. 2 mos. or so, BUT, in that time, I have so looked forward to your next post! You're like a good friend and much appreciated!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back :)
ReplyDeleteBHA! I knew it!!!
ReplyDelete*sarcastic grin* ;)
I always enjoy reading your posts Dave, glad you're staying and continuing to share yourself with us. It's therapeutic reading it, as much as you get out of writing it!
ReplyDeleteJohn
Excellent! I was going to miss reading about your journey and particularly your next adventure with John.
ReplyDeleteI know I don't leave as many comments on others blogs as I should.
ReplyDeleteI am very happy to have read this most recent post of yours. I was relatively new to your blog and was saddened to hear you were going to stop.
I'm glad you decided to ease on down the road some more with us your faithful followers.
I found you thru dr. spo, and am glad you are staying.
ReplyDeletesorry I don't comment as much, but I do enjoy your posts. you have been to hell and back and have survived - congratulations!
I look forward to your life journey and the directions and twists and turns that it takes.
YAY David!
ReplyDeleteYou made me smile today David. Thank you for sticking around :-)
ReplyDeleteOops! I'm sorry to barge in but something I read here promts me to react.
ReplyDeleteIf you put a cake in the oven, you won't take a turkey out 45 minutes later, hey?
We always get what we prepare ourselves for. If we prepare for the worst, that increases the chances of the worst to happen.
Expect the best in life, David!
But that is MY opinion. You do whatever you want. In the end, each one of us is the boss of his own life!
Hugs
Jon ♫♪♫
You say and share things that are much bigger than "Me, Myself and I."
ReplyDeleteYou open new ways of thinking to others when you let loose like that.
I once knew some of this, before the blogs, but somehow I have forgotten hot to share, as life has taken it's toll on me.
I am usually a rather quiet person, although I have my moments on Facebook.
Because of your blog, I know a great deal about a person I only met once, over a year ago, but I very much enjoyed meeting.
And like you, I am trying to deal with a rough start to my 40s. Not easy, but I'm clawing my way through. What choice do we have?
I'm not saying you wish to know what I or others are going through, but as another recently said...
"we're all in this together." Wise words. Positive words. Hopeful words.
Well that, to me....is reason enough to share.
Keep sharing Dave. Even if it only once a week. Once a month, or even once a year.
Glad to here your sticking around! D@vid I'm a fairly new reader but you are such an amazing person. I've read several of your older post and I just want to Thank You for all that you do. Thank you for having the courage to blog about your inner most feelings, something I know a few us wish we (I) had the courage to do. So thanks for sticking around and just know that you are truly blessed and gifted person....
ReplyDeleteHuzzah huzzah and hurray for our side!!!
ReplyDeletephew, don't scare us any more please!
I had to do a double take when I saw a new entry after you "stopped." Glad to see you back. The great thing about being in control of your life is that you can make decisions and then re-make them!
ReplyDeleteD@vid, I'm SO glad to know you're back! The future is NOW. I always appreciate what you write and I'm also one that spent some time and went back all the way to catch up on you! Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteDoing Happy Dance now :-)
ReplyDeleteWow! That was a short hiatus. Great news for all of us!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see your new post!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAs you can see, even when you declared you will take a break from blogging, pple *still* check back here. I'm glad you continuing this journey together with us.
And yes, sometimes a trip might take some turns and unexpected detours. Sometimes, it's a mood thing too.
Healing (or living) thru writing, that's something that we can do.
Yes please keep on blogging. I happened back by after the farewell post in hops that....Yes you changed your mind!
ReplyDeleteI may not comment much but do like keeping up with you and what you have to say.
Shawn that received the Spo shirt from you.
Okay, I can put you back into my Mind's Eye Fantasy-Man Rolodex!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you didn't give up blogging - yea for you AND us!
Glad you decided to keep blogging. I find your writing very entertaining!
ReplyDelete