Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Update

I went from never going out on the weekends to it being an every week occurance, and this one was no different.  I look forward to it now... where I never used to.  The bar that we go to is modest and small but lots of fun and I've been hanging out with a whole different crowd that actually likes to do things and have fun.  Friday, we did our normal karaoke night and on Saturday, Carter had his birthday at another bar, but I didn't stay out very late, since I was tired from the night before. 

Last week at the bar, I happened to mention it to the manager that if they needed help bartending (I am certified and worked at the Marriott for 3 years bartending) that I'd be interested.  An hour later, he tapped me on the shoulder and said they were interested.  It became official yesterday... and I start training this Friday at the Blue Moon Bar.  Instead of being in front of the bar slamming Long Island iced teas, I will be behind the bar now.  It's a good opportunity to get myself back into a bartending gig, since that will probably be what I fall back on in my golden years... and will be a foot in the door to maybe get into a bigger bar down the road and will keep me busy in the winter when I'm not landscaping.  It's great money and fun, I just hope I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face... with a few things planned already this summer, I will be tied up on weekends now, as I'd only be working there Fridays and Saturdays.  At least I get to wear whatever I want and wear my hat. 

My nephew stopped by with his fiance, Devin and we got to meet her.  She seems very down-to-earth and nice and they seem to be happy.  They will be getting married August 2012.  He also made the payments that he needed to make to my Dad, so all is good... for now.

Not sure why... and I'm not going to ask... but we will be having a 4 or 5 day stretch of no rain, complete sunshine and about 70+ degrees all week, starting today.  I'm off to do mulch again today... probably another 12 hour day... I love it!!  Yesterday, I managed to get a long row of hedges trimmed back along the parking lot where there are usually lots of cars.  Sundays, especially those with a holiday, the parking lot is clear, so I get a lot done.  I also managed to pull a few pine trees out in an area that I'm tearing out and replanting with new trees and bushes.  Sadly though, I unearthed a nest of baby birds and they went scampering around.  I managed to get them gathered up and hope that the mother, who was berating me the whole time, can get them resettled.  Nothing makes you feel more like crap than upsetting a mama bird on Mother's Day.


11 comments:

  1. I predict that if you wore a g-string you will be packing the place to the rafters...

    give me the address....lol

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had allot of fun. I would like to have meet you at the bar and talk to you for a while.

    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd hang out at this bar every weekend and became a wino soon...may I mention that your jeans look very umm flimsy at a certain spot?... :D disfrutar de su día mi camarero guapo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on landing the bartending gig. What with your good looks you should get lots of tips too. Your right the weather is fantastic and so perfect for working outside. The sun feels so good. Hope you have a productive week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have to stop reading your blog... I'm having a total crush-attack. And that ain't good... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the bartending gig! And I agree with Raulito!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun bartender, and be prepared to be hit on A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing in the last pic, but wish it could be zoomed in a bit more. D@vid, you are very good to your jeans!

    Loved your Spo-shirt / Undie Monday picture on Sean's blog. How about considering other poses: how about a 'Spo-shirt in the shower pic', 'Spo-shirt in the bathtub' pic etc...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're going to make mega-tips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How freaking cute are you???? My how the tables have turned.....I'm never gonna see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so happy; you should alway smile, for it is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete