Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

I have to apologize for not only for not posting anything for a few days, but for not reading many posts lately either... I've been in a major slump this last week or so.  With rain coming down every day this week, I've gotten nothing done work-wise, and the lack of progress and the shitty weather have taken it's toll on me.  I haven't felt like writing anything and have been fairly down in the dumps.  Having no sunshine really effects me... I haven't really cared about too much of anything.  The picture, incidentally, is of me in 1974 when I was 7 years old.  That was my favorite place to sleep... in that vinyl beanbag chair.  The neighbors white German Shepard used to come visit us all the time and would sleep in it too.  Those were the days... the care-free days.  This picture captures my mood, for sure.

I've been to the gym two times in three weeks, and while it seems like with me not working so much that I would have plenty of time, I just haven't felt like it.  Last week's trip to Columbus wore me out and with some, somewhat, bad eating, I feel like I've gained some weight, although the scale doesn't say that (still at 175lbs) and neither does my fat percentage, still around 15.5%.  I can definitely see that my muscles have taken a beating, probably being used up as fuel.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid.  Clearly there's a difference between the first photo I took back in the beginning of January and the one next to it, which was this morning.

I spent the day with my friend, Kyle, yesterday.  We went to see Water for Elephants with Reese Witherspoon and Camp Edward... it was really good.  It's interesting seeing a movie about animals with someone who works at the zoo... it's a different perspective.  We ate lunch, got a coffee and then took his dogs to the park to throw the ball and then walk them on the trails.  It was a great day.

Today is the first full day of sun that we will be having in weeks and although it's only 37 degrees out, it's going up to 62 and not a chance of rain at all.  I'm heading out in a few minutes to get a start on the day, hoping to get a good 12 hours in, which will do me some good.

I am the recipient of the Spo Shirt... I received it a few days ago and was waiting for it to stop raining so I could go out and get some Pittsburgh related pictures with the shirt on.... stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you changed both your typeface and your typesize. I like both better.

    Yay Spo-shirt! I was just getting ready to call you to see if you'd gotten it yet. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you wear this cap in bed too? and is it always the same or do you have different ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good... glad you got the shirt, I was wondering if it made it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in slump with my gym routine, too, thanks to the round of antibiotics. But once they're done, it'll be back to the gym. You're doing well so I don't think a little time away will do too much harm. Keep at it, get to the gym when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOF I like you without a shirt any time. I would not mind seeing this look more on you or of you.


    WOOF
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  6. You HAVE to STOP posting yummy pics of yourself! I'm running out of lube dammit! ;)

    ReplyDelete