Thursday, May 26, 2011

Another Another Mile Marker

Well, today is the 15th time that I'm 29 again.  You'd think that I would get it right by now.  I guess I have gotten some things right, over time.  It seems to be a recurring theme in my life... the third times a charm (or the 15th, as it may be in this instance).  I feel like I've done a lot of growing this past year and I'd like to put it all into play this coming year with many things planned.

A special thanks to two special people for their eloquently-written posts today honoring my birthday... Robin at Life in Queue and Sean at Idle Eyes and a Dormy... as well as all the wonderful friends that left me birthday wishes both on here and Facebook.  I'm surrounded by great people.

As constant as my birthday is coming each year... was the call that I would get from my ex, John... who recently passed away.  At 12:01, that fu@k would call me and wake me up to wish me a happy birthday, being a smart-ass.  I didn't get that call this year... I would have done anything to have my sleep interrupted.  It's the little things in life that you miss the most.

30 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday D@vid! Am I first in line for the spankings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hohoho
    give up 29; it is good to be older, wiser and sexier !
    Many happy returns either way on this feast day of your nativity! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday David, I am 44 soon!! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. God gave a gift to the world when you were born—
    a person who loves, who cares,
    who sees a person’s need and fills it,
    who encourages and lifts people up,
    who spends energy on others
    rather than himself,
    someone who touches each life he enters,
    and makes a difference in the world,
    because ripples of kindness flow outward
    as each person you have touched, touches others.

    I wish you the happiest of birthdays,
    and many, many more,
    so that others have time to appreciate you
    as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn! I can't stop putting the "a" in D@vid. Sorry about that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon anniversaire, D@avid! Love the new header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiest of Birthdays Handsome.
    John
    www.yabigmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way would I have guessed the 15th anniversary of your 29th birthday. You have to visit Boston to get your present. Well actually, it would be a gift for me, but you'll have fun with it too. heh...heh...heh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you all the great things in life, hope this day will bring you an extra share of all that makes you happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy b'day bud...and I am sure that you don't look a day over 29.

    saludos y felicidades

    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo! Happy Bday!
    All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday... and I want next in line for the spankings...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday D@vid! I hope you have a fun day and a great year ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday D@vid!
    We have a neighbor who is on her 39th 29th Birthday Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday D@vid! Hope you have a great day, and year.

    -Cubby
    (sorry for the Anon. Blogger log-ins are broken for me after I updated Google Chrome yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to a sexy Man. hope you have many more.

    Hugs
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday.......my dear, sweet friend. Glad I've been there for - let's just say - quite a few of your 29th's and a bunch before that.

    I hope this next year is a blockbuster for you. You deserve it more than ANYONE I know.

    Love ya!!!


    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Penblwydd Hapus
    (happy birthday in welsh!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very many happy returns, Beautiful. Best wishes from a 'Daddy' IdleEyes follower. Your turn at arriving at this ripe age will come, but until it does, do live life intensely and, above all, with health.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I sent this through earlier but Blogger is a "piece of shit".......

    Happy Birthday to my best friend...my oldest friend (in terms of how long we've known each other ONLY)....my sounding board....I truly hope that this next year is a blockbuster for you. I don't know anyone else who deserves it more.

    Happy Birthday Muffin!


    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Penblwydd Hapus
    its welsh for happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  22. anne marie in phillyMay 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM

    happy birthday to a sexay guy! AND a fellow pennsylvanian!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You don't look like 44 to me. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dave,
    Love the new header picture but what's with the matrix design on the sides? I half expected to see Keaneu to pop up.

    ReplyDelete