Speaking of unplanned... regarding my adoption and it's correlation to my possibly having the blood disorder Factor V Leiden, I got the test results back and I don't have it. And while I'm happy that I don't have a disease that could kill me, it doesn't shed any light on the mystery of my birth father. Although I suppose it's possible that I could still be his and not have inherited it through him, it would have put to rest the theory if I did, and saved me $500 for a DNA test, should I want to proceed to get a definitive answer. At this point in my life though, after all the research that I've done, there really is no way of finding out now except the DNA test... so I will just have to find some peace in my uncertainty... something that has become a recurring theme in my life and the bedrock of every part of my existence, influencing every move I make and thought I process. And although it shouldn't matter where I came from, in essence, it would have been an odd feeling for me to finally put it to rest and not think about what other people take for granted as normal. I'm starting to think I dropped out of the sky.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Bargain Basement... Prices Slashed for Quick Sale
So, I'm back to being not-so-special today as my birthday wraps up. It seems like birthdays should be longer... maybe a few days or perhaps a week... after all, it took over 9 months to make me from scratch... shouldn't that miracle have more spotlight than just 24 hours a year? I had a really nice day, having nothing planned at the start and it turned out being packed with things before I knew it. I had an unplanned lunch with Julie... and an unplanned dinner with my friend Anna, and a bunch of things in between.
I spent the last couple of days on my knees... no, not in the alley working my mojo (this time, at least)... planting some 400 annuals. It's kind of nice, propelling life of an innocent flower... giving it what it needs to grow into something more beautiful that will provide pleasure to so many. And I get to be left alone with only my iPod Nano, 3 cute Italian guys (Il Volo) serenading me... and mother earth. I have another 400 or so to plant this weekend, along with finishing up the mulching, which leaves my holiday weekend looking like landscaping work during the days through Tuesday and bartending at night, both Friday and Saturday this weekend. After the holiday, I should be past my spring stress time of trying to get everything completed. I have a few decks to build, and some odds and ends projects... by July, I should be through all of that and down to my two days a week maintenance through October.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That's because you are young...when you get to be my age you want birthdays to be delayed, never arrive and when they do...ignore them...lol
ReplyDeletesaludos,
raulito
I like the new blog design :) happy memorial weekend David
ReplyDeleteLet me introduce you to the phenomenon known as the Birthday Week. Some have taken it further to what is known as the Birthday Month. I prefer the week, as I tire easily.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of which, I planted 30 eggplant seedlings in my garden and it wore me out. I can't imagine doing hundreds of plants in one day!
I agree . . . Birthday celebrations should be longer. A friend who lives around the corner starts his celebration a month before and continues on till a month after. Now that's a way to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteYou were SO cute! You looked alot like Albert from Little House on the Prairie (and the actor who played him, Matthew Laborteaux, is also gay BTW)..
ReplyDeleteI do hop eyou had a wonderful Birthday. and I do agree it should be a couple of days. Or at least on my end, maybe not others (who are not worthy).
ReplyDeleteI love planting flowers in my yard as well. I love perrywinkles (Spell?). My glads are getting ready to bloom, roses are doing a great job, right beffore they die I dead head them. I am getting so many blooms. All of my lillies are bloom. Casa Blanca's all th eway down to day lillies.
Once again Happy Birthday.
Hugs
Ray
all those annuals?!
ReplyDeleteI find planting annuals tedious work; I like perennials !
Next year make your birthday a few days long why dontcha!