Saturday, May 14, 2011

My First Time (Bartending at the Blue Moon)

What an interesting concept, being on the other side of the bar making the drinks that people get tanked... and me not drinking and making money (and not having to run someone off my street corner, like usual).  I had a great time last night and it was fairly busy.  I was in the back bar, so it was a bit slower for me than the front bar where all the action was, but I was able to make some money, learn their systems, meet some people and hang out with Kyle, Kevin and Carter who came to sit with me at the bar to support me and keep me company.  The person that was training me got sick and went home an hour into the shift, leaving me alone to work the room and I did fine. 

I'm not sure how often I'll be working... right now, it seems like every other Friday, but there may be some extra slots opening up... and I'd like to get out to the front bar as well.  We'll see.  I'm just going to enjoy it as a night that I'm not spending money and getting drunk, but get to be out in it all.

I finally got into bed at 5 a.m.

5 comments:

  1. I ve always wanted to be a bar tender

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you as a bartender Dave. Nice, friendly, goodlooking guy that your are with just an edge. I wish you the best in your new occupation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a gay bar in years. But, for you - I'd go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¿so could you mix me an agua de valencia mi camarero guapo? <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like you are off to a good start.
    Has anyone confided in you viz. the bartender shrink aspect of the job?

    ReplyDelete