Monday, May 16, 2011

It's The Pits-Burgh

I know it's not right to bitch about our mediocre weather when there are areas of the country that are torn apart by tornadoes and hurricanes and now, flooding... and I should be thankful... but I don't know how much more I can take of the dreary, gloomy, miserable, damp, rainy, overcast, dank depressing weather we've had this year.  Last year we got dried out... this year, soaked.  WTF?  What I wouldn't do to find someone who doesn't believe in global warming and beat them about the head and neck with some blunt object today just to get some frustration out.  Please tell me why you'd even bother to get out of bed when you're staring at a forecast like this?  Punxy Phil isn't popping out to see his shadow to predict how long winter will go on... he looks out and has the good sense to go back to bed for six + more weeks figuring what's the point. 

I got a lot accomplished last week and the areas that I mulched willl get them off my back... but there's still more to do... about 20 yards more.  Plus I have 16 bushes and trees that need planted and 600 annuals on the heels of that.  Please, mother nature... give me a break.

8 comments:

  1. you need an assistant mi amor? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice day anyway David, just let the sun shine in your heart instead :) We have a rainy day here too, as often in this city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been having lovely weather, at least until the afternoons when the thunderstorms and the hailstorms start. And the power goes out.


    sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we must pay for the nice weather we had last week. UGH! I can take a day or two but the whole damn week? That's just not fair Mother Nature! The grass and especially the weeds will be up to our asses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice commercial, she's right, it's bad to fool mother nature.... teehee.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the not so bright side, at least you have plenty of time to hit the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're getting the same weather up here in Boston as well. You sound like you need a massage. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being 240 miles away from the burgh, I can definitely feel your pain. Too much rain. But I've been lucky to plant my flower beds and boxes between the showers.

    For both our sakes, sure hope it stops raining soon.

    ReplyDelete