Sunday, February 6, 2011

We Are(n't) The Champions

I'm not a sports fan, so it's kind of unfair for me to say... but the Steelers really sucked tonight.  It looked like they didn't even try... and Ben sucked as well. So much for his rape acquittal... if he would have pulled off a win, all would have been forgiven and fogotten. At least he took responsibility for the loss.

Sadly, the game was overshadowed by Christina Aguilera screwing up the words to the National Anthem... and sucking in general.  Mark my words, Christina is the new Britney... heading for a breakdown with all her recent partying and mayhem.  The half-time show wasn't any better... are the Black Eyed Peas even relevant any more?  After that performance, I don't think there's any question.  On a positive note... some of the commercials were funny... and it's awesome that there's a Glee episode waiting for me on my DVR.

As I rode home, the mood was very quiet and somber on the streets. People were driving really slow. There were a few couches set on fire, so it's official... the season is over.  Post Polamalu Depression has already set in, compounded by the loss. It's a sad day in Pittsburgh.

6 comments:

  1. Defeated ..... Seventh Super Bowl title slips past Steelers in 31-25 loss to Green Bay Packers !

    I would not say they sucked, the comeback fell short and the missed field goal was a game changer... but the real fan will move on and realize its 187 days till the first pre season game of 2011 and plenty of time to get you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Your site is an awesome place!!! by the way, could you exchange my
    site?
    http://xguymedia.blogspot.com/
    And if you like it please add my blog on your BLOG list Let me know when
    added my blog
    Thanks in advanced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are football fans here either, so we watched The Social Network--much better than I thought it would be--and some old TV.
    The Peas? Seriously? That's the BIG show?
    Glad I tuned out.
    And what happened to the National Anthem being sung to a track so mishaps like this don't happen?
    And, yes, there is Glee on the DVR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my heart goes out to Pittsburgh...

    Any town that would name their football team "the packers" gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I should have said that my heart goes out to Pittsburgh...

    BUT, any town that names their football team "the packers" deserves my vote.

    I mean did Green Bay vote on that name? what were the other options?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the anthem (thankfully), but I must agree with you about the BEP. I watched dumbfounded. I mean my jaw was on the floor. Like watching the proverbial train wreck. I was embarrassed for my country.

    The game was enjoyable, though. Sorry about the Steelers.

    ReplyDelete